Friday, August 20, 2010

Would You Borrow This Book From Your Friend?

';She remembered anything, even events that had not really happened. She lived longer than anyone ever had, and she had been dead long enough to distinguish between life and death. She was my best friend's soul, and the girl I had fallen in love with鈥?quot;





The year was 1763. I forced myself to forget all what Billy had said to me, it was not just the words, but the electricity that had passed through my veins when his hands shook mine in the morning, the gossips we had used to share in school, the pedestrians' bodies shape that curved into Billy's as I wandered down the avenue; any ';Good morning'; reminded me the smile that had spread across Billy's face as soon as he had said it. It was almost anything that made our old friendship even impossible to forget, but I had to, no matter how hard it would be. It had been a year since his funeral, but the days had passed so slowly that I would have counted it as an eternity. I wished he could get out of his coffin somehow and said it had been just a jest, but I shook my head, trying to ignore the idea, because if he had really been joking, he would have probably let me know about it. My father stared at me for a long minute as it began to rain; the drops trickled on my face that it looked as if I was crying. I noticed him approaching and moved aside as I already knew what he was going to say.





';Son, are you okay? He is just a friend, I am sure you will find another one. Come on鈥?quot;


I tried to read his face, but there was no expression on it, his eyes were so sharp and narrow like a hunter, he looked pretty happy about it that a smirk could be seen on the edge of his mouth, but his teeth were too tiny to notice. I raised my head to meet his dark eyes and said





';Just a friend? Billy was not just a friend; actually he was what you will never be!';





By the way, how is my English?Would You Borrow This Book From Your Friend?
I would read it but I am confused about the plot. Are they both guys? Is that quote about the guy who died? Is the main character gay, or does he just love his friend in a friendly way? Who is the girl in the quote? I would still read it. Great english, I thought it was an exert from a book. Hope I can read it some day. :)


XOXO,


morganneWould You Borrow This Book From Your Friend?
I don't know it sounds a little corny... but that's just me, I'm not really into those kind of books... great English though!
';Just a friend? Billy was not just a friend; actually he was what you will never be!' | this not make any sense to me; what was Billy? And what the heck this doesn't make any sense.. Who is who? Who is 'She' in the beginning? Are these two boys that are friends or a boy and a girl? They must be both boys because the Father said ';Son, are you okay?'; And the father was talking about Billy who was a boy.. All you ever say in this story is HE and you mention SHE once... this is very confusing!


I dont mean to be mean but I am just a person who likes to criticize and my teacher says I need to have a little more edge in my tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment