Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you stop liking your best friend?

Hi, i'm Janine, i'm 15, and i'm stuck.





I am generally a very level headed and reasonable person but i cannot get myself to get over my best friend. so here's the thing...





i've spent most of my life doing stupid things and wrecking my life... luckily i managed to come out of that phase as a normal person but my experiences made me see the entire world differently... one of those things just happened to be relationships. i'm actually young for the grade level i'm in so when i dated in the past, it was usually with guys that were 2 years older than me but even then i was smart enough not to do anything drastic (although i came very close several times). and when my sophomore year of high school came around i was finally surrounded by the great, fun-loving, and incredibly academically driven type of people that i felt great around. most of them stayed away from relationships, and after a little more dating, i fell into that category as well. no offense to anyone out there but i just dont see that much purpose i dating in high school... i know most hate to hear it but to be honest... we're all so young and are so sure we know what we're doing... not to mention i've only met a very few number of people who really knew what love was and one of them is my best friend.





i met him during my freshman year and to be completely honest, he is one of the biggest reasons i am who i am today. i didn't change for him (i barely knew him at the time), but i was incredibly impressed by his drive to succeed and his love of life (and ill admit... his great facial and physical features didn't hurt either), but mostly by his self-respect. in a way, he became a sort of father figure -long story short, i've never had a mother or father figure in my life- so eventually we became the best of friends.





it was obvious to me that i was very attracted to him but neither of us believe in high school relationships and i usually end up falling hard so i wasn't going to let myself fall into that trap again or ruin the best friendship of my life so i promised myself i would get over it... and i sort of did. the thing is every few weeks my head gets filled up with all of these romantic thoughts and i hate it!





to be completely honest this i'snt even about me anymore... i couldn't care less how we ended up as long as he's happy. the reason i dont believe we would last is that we are INCREDIBLY alike... to the point where sometimes we need to not see each other for a few hours because it gets incredibly annoying being around someone who agrees with you on everything... it would be easier to understand if you we're in my shoes but i have no doubt it would drive us crazy.





his friendship means the world to me but he's off to college (studying abroad in London) in a year and i HAVE to figure out what it is im feeling and how to get over it... please help, i'm sort of desperate now...How do you stop liking your best friend?
If you're so crazy about him and you two are so close, find a time when it's just you two and tell him how you feel. I mean, it sucks putting your neck out there, but sometimes that's what it takes. And who knows? Maybe he's feeling the same thing and is thinking the same things you are. I know there's a good chance you just want to see what people will say about this and then choose your own way, but that's what I recommend anyway. Try it and see what happens.





';If you can't get someone out of your head, maybe it's because that's where they're supposed to be';

No comments:

Post a Comment