Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ladies, I need your advice. I don't want to lose my best friend.?

Ok here’s the situation I’m in:





I met this girl, Liz, my freshmen year of college. We became really good friends. Sophomore year, she transferred to a school closer to home about 4 hours from here. We promised to always keep in touch and we have. We’re about to be seniors this fall.





We are in constant contact - texting each other every day. Back in March, I started to develop feelings for her and told her this. At first, she just wanted to stay friends because we had such a good friendship and didn’t want to ruin it. Two or three months later, she realizes her feelings for me. Something important you should know is that we only text. I don’t like it, to be honest, but there’s nothing I can do. She doesn’t like to pick up the phone and call. That’s just how it is.





I sent her flowers last Friday and she loved them. The card read “Just wanted to brighten your day. Hope you feel better.” She had been doing jury duty all week from morning until night and then got sick towards the end, so I wanted to do this for her. Now I’ve noticed that she’s flirting more and I have to be honest, it’s kind of scaring me. Here’s why.





She’s a good looking girl. She has a great personality. We have a lot of common interests. She’s somewhat country living and I’m more of a city boy (I’m from Boston). I love and cherish our friendship and now I’m starting to think that I never should have told her about my feelings. I’m afraid that I’ve laid things on a bit too thick with the “I miss you” and the flirting. I never, ever want to hurt her, but I don’t know now if I can do a relationship if things ever get to that point. When we were in school together, we never acted this way toward one another. I didn’t realize my feelings for her until she came back to visit her old roommate and myself last November and since then we’ve talked every day, I told her my feelings, and here we are today..





So basically, I just don’t know what to do. I don’t know if I should talk to her about this, and if I were to talk to her, what would I say? I think I’d have to ask what her expectations are, right? But the thing is, we’ve never even hung out together like this. We’re supposed to be going to the beach sometime next month. But I don’t know if that will happen or not.





Im just scared that it’s gone too far already and there’s no way out. I’m 21 and I’ve never had a girlfriend. I’ve gone out on dates but have never committed. I think that if we lived closer to one another, a relationship would be possible. But Im sure she would be heartbroken if I said this to her after I’ve told her of my feelings and just sent her flowers. I don’t want to throw in the towel on this, but I don’t want to feel stuck and risk losing my best friend.





Is there anything I can do? I’m sorry that this is in the wrong section, but you ladies (and some guys) have given me such great advice in the past. I really appreciate it. Thanks.Ladies, I need your advice. I don't want to lose my best friend.?
Be honest. Always always be honest about your feelings.


If you go any further with this you both might up getting hurt.


Good luck! xxLadies, I need your advice. I don't want to lose my best friend.?
Just see how it goes and if you do end up in a relationship don't be a dick like most men are. That's about all advice i can give to this ... sorry.
what i would do is leave ur friend alone for a couple days let her think it over
Friends come after love. lol. well if she's damn hot
just lay it all out. lay it down and tell her how you feel IN PERSON. she'll respect that =)








hope it goes well man ;)
its hard at first to break the ice at first but it sounds to me like you should tell her how you feel friends wont be offened if she feel the same way your set if not your still friends i would go for it
well.........first i want to say thanks for taking the time to write that all out and trusting our advice.(:secondly,i understand what you're saying but you seem a little nervous and that's perfectly normal .this happens to allot of people they get real close to their best friends/(friend) (of the opposite sex) and they start to have feelings. i think its best to just go with the flow because i know you dont want to lose her as a friend or as a possible girlfriend....you should also know their's also something called ';f.w.b'; (Friends.With.Benefits) lol good luck (:-chelef
you sound really nice ! and sensible , what you should do is ask her to meet u soon and when ur with her ask her to go out summtime again and she will get used to u.try to c if shes good for you ,if she is tell her u want to start a relationship hope i helped ]


lucindaa x
Wow, well this is kinda hard to answer because I'm not sure what you want. So, you say you have feelings for her but then again you dont know if you want to be together or not. Ok, well first of all you have to think about what you truely want. If, you really like her and have strong feelings than you gotta try and start a relationship with her. If your not sure about your feelings and don't know if you really want this then you have to talk to her about it. If she really likes you, then she's gonna get hurt. I dont think you should do this over texting. try calling her. Or wait till the day you are going to the beach with her and talk to her about EVERYTHING then. if she is truely your best friend then you can easily talk to her about all of this. Don't just tell her how you feel. Idk if i helped or not but i hope i did.





Please help with my question...





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…

No comments:

Post a Comment