Friday, August 20, 2010

Boyfriend and friend falling out HELP PLEASE :-(?

This may seem long winded but I really need some help or advice.





I have been with my live in boyfriend for 4 years now, in that time I have become really good friends with his 25 year plus best friend ( no nothing sexual im very happy with my relationship with bf) we all hang out together, go to the cottage, clubbing sometimes, bbq and other various things. Nearly a month ago my bf's best friend embarrassed him at work in front of the mechanics dept workers. My bf was floored his best Friend of over 25 years had done that which I totally understand. Here's where it gets sticky.... After bf told me about what happened, I asked him, why dint you talk to him and ask why he done that and that your feelings got hurt. my bf says '; f him, he really hurt me and if he cant see that then im not bringing it to his attention'; So a week passes by and I say nothing, thinking he needs time to cool off and I respect that...in passing I mention to bf, what are we doing now for Christmas with our friend (normally we go out to the Keg for a nice dinner and have drinks instead of exchanging gifts, its just the way we've done it for 4 years ) my bf gets pissed off with me and says, What !!! how can you ask what ';we'; are doing for christmas with him !!!! Calmly I say well you havent mentioned anything so Im wondering if you 2 have cooled down enough or whats going on. He gets even angrier at me and says, he can do whatever he wants but we are going now where with him for dinner or anywhere else for that matter. So I sat there dazed and said ok I see you need more time, lets just leave it at that. So bf didn't speak to me for the rest of the evening... next day comes, bf calls from work and says, not only are we not hanging out with friend but he's demanding that our friend have no contact with me either ( we only email funnies n such and say hi, and hes always been ok with that) . So now... its turned from him and his friend to all 3 of us. Im not supposed to talk to our friend because bf had a falling out ?? When he got home from work I broached the subject,wearing armour at this point..... asked him why I was dragged into this falling out... he said, your my gf, you are supposed to stand with me no matter what, right or wrong, you are supposed to support our relationship. I do understand but at the same time, I think its blowing this out of proportion a little, Im stuck between my boyfriend which i love to bits and a friend that has always been part of our family. What do I do ???? Please some advice, this is frustrating and hurtful and I dont know what to say or do next. i dont want to lose our friend, but dont want to hurt or be put in the middle either.





JennyBoyfriend and friend falling out HELP PLEASE :-(?
Yeah, I rarely read this long-winded stuff, but yours was interesting. Look, the problem lies between your boyfriend and your other friend. It does not involve you; and you do NOT have the obligation to support your boyfriend no matter what, especially if he's basically being a hard head about the whole thing.





Talk to your friend about what went on. See if you can get your friend to talk to your boyfriend to try to smooth this whole thing over. Sometimes being embarrassed is a difficult thing to get over, so even if your friend didn't mean to do what he did, he needs to find a way to apologize to your boyfriend and try to make this right.





Whatever happens, you have the right to still associate with your friend and you need to let your boyfriend know that if this cannot get ironed out between them.Boyfriend and friend falling out HELP PLEASE :-(?
Hmmm. Well yeah he's being a guy, for sure. I think that you should explain to your bf that just because he wants the friend out of his life it doesn't mean you have to take him out of yours. To be reasonable, you don't have to all hang out, he doesn't have to talk to him or anything, but it just isn't really fair. But i do understand that you love him and want to stand buy him, so if he doesn't agree to this then it's a very sticky situation. The remedy to anything is to talk talk talk so talk it up a lot and work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment