Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What do you think about marrying a best friend from your childhood?

Here I am, in my mid 20 and am starting to really think about my future and where I would love to be in life in the next few years. I figure by the end of the fall of 2007 or the spring of 2008, I would be graduated from college and what not and then at least married by the time I am 30. So over the years, I feel as our friendship is has grown stronger and I feel I am closer to her then I have ever been before. But there has always seems to have been this rule about friends dating best friends and how it鈥檚 a no-no.





I have dropped hints about it here and there, and I got three different answers on three separate occasions while asking her feelings on marriage and dating. The first time she told me friends shouldn鈥檛 date best friends. The second time to someone else in the room, he has tried, but not yet succeeded and the third time she said that she was on the fence about marriage because the guy she likes lives in a different state (we live in different states now). I tried to find out whom she was referring too, and she suddenly had to go.





Now even though she has lived in a different state, we have only really been apart about 2 of those years as we are able to visit each other every few months. Anyways, I myself believe that friendships can only go so far, but once you get married, other then a phone call once a year, it鈥檚 really all over. Then there is the fact that she鈥檚 female, and I believe that will really be it. I figure to kind of go for it, but I nervous about the outcome because I am not sure that she knows I am serious about it. I want to marry someone I can grow with and after already knowing her for over 15 years, it seems almost like the perfect love story. I don鈥檛 want to hurt her, and I don鈥檛 want to get hurt either. Am I setting myself up and I am doomed? Is it possible to have friends that of the opposite sex once you are married? Thanks for the advice.What do you think about marrying a best friend from your childhood?
There is nothing wrong with marrying your best friend, it's actually what people should do! Who knows your faults and your high points better than a friend? Who can you trust better than a friend? A friend already loves you, though it might not be in the way you want. Don't step around the subject, let her know exactly how you feel and ask her to tell you how she is feeling. Don't push her into it quickly though, she might get confused emotionally. Let her feelings come out as they will. Just be honest... It's the best way to go.What do you think about marrying a best friend from your childhood?
wow... If I have a bestfren of 15yrs, sure I'll marry him whenever he ask... Marriage is not a small deal... Off course she would know that u r serious.. I suggest u go for it.. Gd luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment