Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What do you do when you fall for your best friends older brother?

Ok, I have somehow managed to develop some sort of bizarre infatuation with my best friends older brother. This is really awkward for me - I have known him for around what...two years now? But only a few months back did I actually realise that I loved him. Their family consists of three sisters (two younger, one older) and one of the younger (not youngest) sisters is my best friend of about three or four years. I also frequently talk with the oldest sister over social networking sites and msn... I am very close with most of their family. Which is why I don't want to hurt/ruin that. He's two freaking years older than me also.


But more so than this - I want to know what on earth I can do (if it is even possible) to find out if he likes me. Before I say anything else I'm going to tell you about my best friends personality and my own.


Well to say the least, I'm a social retard. I'm shy - and very very awkward in most conversations unless I'm being a total cynic/sarcastic. Usually I come off as blunt and rude and it seems like I don't want to know anyone. I find it really difficult to make new friends, though I can make people laugh easily if we have something in common. Oh yes, with people I can relate to I can talk my mouth off.





My best friend - well she's more of the mischievous type. Always making jokes and laughing at my uselessness/clumsiness, insulting me in a friendly way. Though sometimes she is a bit of a try hard and wants to be in with the popular crowd (whom I loathe) but that doesn't really relate to this so yeah. Her brother out of all her siblings is the one she's closest to...


%26amp;Ironically enough I made friends with her after she and some other girls and boys out of my class were bullying me for one year straight.





Now, onto her brother. He's just...well I've never had a real crush before - and just thinking about him, talking to him, looking at him makes my heart flutter. Really - I have never ever felt this way before. When in a room with him, I find myself sifting through my minds about things I could say to him to get talking. Because I literally cannot talk to him if my best friend isn't around most of the time.





Once I visited my friend and sat in silence in the same room as him for around twenty minutes straight. We were sat next to each other, but I could barely make eye contact. This was in the early stages of my crush and I was just bent over double, trying to hide my face. He's always teasing me and making fun of me for being a loner, a ditz, etcetera - and ALWAYS makes me laugh.





The other day I knew my friend was in town with some others and my mum was going round to do their hair - I spent like an hour talking to the eldest sister and him. I came with my mum cause I WANTED to see him. I basically just made comments about how I was almost sure he hadn't moved from his PS3 since his birthday and that it was his new girlfriend, and he teased me like usual for being such a loner / not getting invited to town with my best friend and this other plastic girl who I LOATHE. Though that was the thing - it wasn't as though we were alone, the eldest sister was there and although I enjoyed talking to her too (Internet jokes, fellow nerd. Heh) I sort of just wished she would disappear. Even just sitting in silence is good enough to me, I feel the blood rushing to my head. Haha, wow I sound like such a creeper. But it's true!





When I first met him I was a really annoying person and I think he hated me, but after awhile he warmed to me. This I know because I went to get a drink one time when we were all watching TV or something and walked in when her brother was telling her that he was really starting to like me, normally I would be excited by something like this but I KNOW that it was not from sisters friend %26gt; crush, it was from sisters really annoying friend who I hate %26gt; cool sisters friend. We once spent like an hour straight playing this game called Professor Layton and he was sat next to me staring over my shoulder the whole time - helping me. I remember we had this huge notepad full of maths scribblings for the most simple of questions that we were overthinking - haha. But...after this was over I realised my best friend wasn't in the room anymore. I hastily went to find her and when I met up with her again she said ';Why don't you just go hang out with your new boyfriend.'; I felt embarrassed and crushed, though it didn't really get anywhere since you can't argue about something if you don't reply. I just stayed silent and followed her for a bit until another conversation started.





Once at a sleepover I was just planning on sleeping in my clothes since I didn't bring PJ's but for some reason her brother was INTENT on me borrowing some of the eldest sister's (best friend is alot smaller than me) and bugged me for like an hour until I finally put this nightey on. This went on after several times of me putting it on over my clothes just to please him and him finding out and makiWhat do you do when you fall for your best friends older brother?
Whoa. Ironically, something almost just like this happened to me. I just waited it out... since I was gonna tell my guy during Valentine's Day. But... that didn't work since he asked someone else out then. But. He came around. In May he finally asked me out. So my advice is just to wait it out until he finally asks you out.... Because if he does that much, I'm pretty sure he likes you a lot and will ask you out soon. The alternative is to just tell him and see his response... That sometimes works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment