Friday, August 20, 2010

I don't want to loose my best friend after a break up!?

Me and the boy were best friends for 3 years. We would sleep over at each others houses, talk about everything, including the people we were dating or interested in. After having a fall out with my old roommate, he took me in. Soon after, we developed feelings for one another and began dating exclusively (to the relief of my other friends).





Now that I've moved out to my own apartment after a full year of living with him, (going on 3 months on my own!), our relationship had dwindled, he confessed not being in love with me, just content with me, and wanted his best friend back. I miss having him as a friend too, but I had fallen in love where as he never did. He has been an important part of my life and has obviously helped me through so much, but it's still painful to know I can't have him anymore.





The question, is it possible to go back to what we were, and how happy I was to have my best friend? Or is it unhealthy to continue talking to him?





I know a lot of people say to never be friends with your ex, but he was my friend first and foremost even while we were dating. It's only been a couple days, and I feel progressively less sore as each one goes on. We've even been talking and I've been fine.





Suggestions?I don't want to loose my best friend after a break up!?
no it is not possible to ERASE the past and pretend it never happened





you should take a break from the friendship and see what happens in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment